Welcome to the first Alpha patch notes. Here’s the changes in this update. No new client download is needed.
Improvements & Features:
- Action Phase and Combat Phase timers are extended in AI play (to 50% longer than the length in PvP), to give new players more chance to read their cards
- The AI now blocks a little more often than it previously did
- Visual effects added to many more cards
Card Functional Changes:
- Irkham Djinn: Now reduces the cost of drawn cards to 1
- Vampire Queen: Up to 4/7 from 3/7
- Cavalry Bot: New card name is now “Robo-Centaur”
- Electrocute: Can now target friendly or enemy units
- Flyborg: Up to 3/4 from 2/4
- Shockwave Tank: Up to 4/5 from 4/3
- Devoted Paladin: Up to 4/5 from 4/4
- Hellfire: Energy cost increased to 5 from 4
- Air Elemental: Up to 5/5 from 5/4
- Frantic Search: Now discard 1, then draw 2
- Drax, The Unarmed: Now deals 1 damage instead of 2
- Shambling Horde: New design: 4-cost 4/4 that can’t block, and gives you two 2/2 Zombies when it dies.
- Support Bot (was Hunter Killer): New design: 4-cost 2/2 Robot. After it attacks, it gives another attacker +2/+0 and First Strike.
- Demon Hunter (was Inquisitor): New design: 2-cost 3/3 that gains Shield when you play an Angel.
- Goblin Apprentice (was Stun): New design: 2-cost 1/1 Goblin that forces your opponent to discard a 4+ cost Power when it’s summoned.
- Goblin Buzzbomber: Now a 2/2 Goblin with Airborne. After it attacks, it gives your weakest Goblin +1/+0.