This is a big, big patch! First of all, you’ll need to make sure you’ve got the latest client, which you can download from our website. You won’t be able to play with the existing client. The new version includes some brand new features, including Friend challenges and Friend chat, as well as some bug fixes for visual/display bugs we’ve found in the last couple of weeks. Remember, this is still an alpha, so if you find a bug, let us know on the forums or in game.
Friends & Chat
To add a friend, click on “friends”, then click the “+” icon. You’ll need to know their username. The friends list will show who’s online and offline; you can chat with friends who are online.
To remove a friend, click on the friend’s name in your friends list, and click the gear icon. From there, you can Block them or Remove them. To un-block a friend, just re-add them as a friend.
Anyone who has you on their friends list can challenge you, and you can challenge anyone on your friends list. To challenge a friend, choose your deck, and click “challenge”. This will bring up the friends list, showing you who’s online. Click on your friend, and the challenge will be sent.
To accept a challenge, click on the deck you want to play, and click the “duel” button. You’ll be matched up against the challenger. If you don’t want to accept a challenge, you can play a different game or click “decline”.
We’ve made a few balance changes, as well as adding a lot more new card abilities:
- Elf Seer (was Elf Battlemage): Now a 3/3 for 3 with “Summon: Draw a card each time your opponent plays a unit this turn.”
- Spellweaver: Now a 2/3 for 2 that reduces your powers’ costs by 1.
- Nullmage: Now a 3/2.
- Phantom Devourer: Now a 4/4 for 6 with “this can’t be blocked”.
- Circle of Power: Now costs 3 (up from 2)
- Vampire Queen: Now a 3/6 for 5 with “After this is blocked, steal the blocker.”
- Skull of Kane: Now reads “Units in your opponent’s hand and arena get -1/-1.”
- Grand Magus: Now a 4-cost 2/4 (up from a 3-cost 2/3)
- Dracolich: Now a 5/8
- Assault Trooper: Now gets +1/+1 (down from +2/+2)
- Neural Link: Now a new power: “Target unit’s attack becomes the same as the strongest tech unit in you hand”
- Hive Sniper: Now a 5-cost 3/3 with “After each enemy attacks, this deals 2 damage to it.”
- Mechadragon: Now a 7/5 (down from 7/7)
- Hellfire Cultist: Now deals 2 damage to you in addition to you drawing 2 cards.
- Archon of Sanctuary: Now a 2/4 (down from 3/4)
- Purify (was Holy Light): Now a 2-cost power with “Purify target unit (it loses all abilities, conditions, and modifiers)”
- Hypnotic Gaze: Cards are now not discarded until the end of the turn.
- Lightning Angel: Now a 4/4 (down from 5/4)
- Madness: Cards are now not discarded until the end of the turn.
- Paladin’s Judgement (was Judgement): Now 2-cost, with “Destroy target unit with 5 or more attack.” – we had too many sweepers, and not enough removal that could hit big units.
- Thorn Spray: Now affects the two strongest units, not the two weakest units.
- Buzzbomber (was Goblin Buzzbomber): Now a Construct.
- Herald of Giants: Now a 3/5 (was 4/5)
- Volcano Giant: Still a 4/3 for 3, now with “Deals 2 damage to the next enemy to enter the arena this turn.”
- Junkyard Tank: Now a 5/5 for 5 with “After another friendly construct dies, this gets +X/+X, where X is its cost.”
- Goblin Mechanic: Now a 3/3 for 3 with “Summon: Return your strongest dead construct to hand.”
- Clockmaker’s Crown: Now a 4-cost with “Put two random Constructs into your hand.”